EdgeStar Limited Warranty Information
Products are warranted by EdgeStar to be free from defective workmanship and materials, subject to any conditions set forth as follows:
WHAT IS COVERED:
LABOR: For a period of NINETY (90) DAYS from the date of original purchase, labor will be performed free of charge at an authorized EdgeStar repair facility. At its option, EdgeStar will repair the product with new or remanufactured parts, or exchange the defective product with a new, refurbished, or remanufactured product. If a product is replaced, it will carry the remaining warranty of the original product. After the ninety (90) day period, EdgeStar will no longer be responsible for labor charges incurred. All defective products and parts covered by this warranty will be repaired or replaced on a mail-in basis to an EdgeStar authorized repair facility.
PARTS: For a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original purchase, EdgeStar will supply new, rebuilt, or refurbished parts free of charge. EdgeStar may request a defective part be returned in exchange for the replacement part. All replacement parts or products will be new, remanufactured, or refurbished. All products and parts replaced by EdgeStar under warranty service become the property of EdgeStar.
Warranties apply to the original purchaser only, and only covers defects in workmanship experienced during operation of the product under normal service, maintenance, and usage conditions. Warranties apply to the purchase and use of products in residential settings within the United States of America.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
The following limitations apply to the coverage of the warranty. Warranties do not cover:
- Labor charges for installation, setup or training to use the product.
- Shipping damage, and any damage caused by improper packaging for shipment to an authorized service center, and any damaged caused by improper voltage or any other misuse, including abnormal service, handling, or usage.
- Cosmetic damage such as scratches and dents.
- Normal wear and tear on parts or replacement of parts designed to be replaced, e.g. filters, cartridges, batteries.
- Service trips to deliver, pick-up, or repair, install the product, or to instruct in proper usage of the product.
- Damages or operating problems resulting from misuse, abuse, operation outside environmental specifications, uses contrary to instructions provided in the owner’s manual, accidents, acts of God, vermin, fire, flood, improper installation, unauthorized service, maintenance negligence, unauthorized installation or modification, or commercial use.
- Labor charges incurred 91 days or more after the date of original purchase.
- The use of EdgeStar products in commercial settings.
- Optional accessories, attachments, and appearance items.
- Products that have been modified to perform outside of specifications without the prior written permission of EdgeStar.
- Products lost in shipment, or theft.
- Products sold AS IS or from an unauthorized reseller.
- Products that have had their serial numbers removed or defaced. Products with serial numbers that have been invalidated.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE:
If you believe your product is defective, contact EdgeStar Customer Support for troubleshooting assistance and warranty service at 1-866-319-5473. Please have your serial number and proof of purchase available. Once an EdgeStar authorized representative has confirmed that your product is defective and eligible for warranty service, the product must be returned to an EdgeStar repair facility. The purchaser is solely responsible for prepaying all shipping related costs to and from the repair facility. EdgeStar is not responsible for damage resulting from shipper mishandling or improper packaging. Do not return a defective product to the place of purchase. Products received without a return authorization number will be refused.
WARRANTIES ARE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE EXTENT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY IS REQUIRED BY LAW, IT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD ABOVE. NEITHER THE MANUFACTURER NOR ITS DISTRIBUTORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.